- Design and deliver compelling, elegant, pleasurable and sophisticated end-to-end user experience solutions for multiple products and platforms, from assessing and defining customer needs to delivering concepts, to prioritizing features, to presenting and evaluating prototypes, to validating user experience feedback.
- Work closely and efficiently with a cross-functional and interdisciplinary team that includes other Designers, Developers, Project and Product Management, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, and Business Partners among other team members.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products for the purpose of bringing new design ideas to each project. Recognize and communicate user experience risks as they arise and make design recommendations that take into account tradeoffs, scope creep, iterative design, phased releases.
- Quickly and iteratively create artefacts that illuminate user tasks, define proposed product functionality, turn business requirements into conceptualizations of the proposed product, and effectively communicate the overall user experience to the project team and our business partners. Gather and track feedback and key design decisions generated from continuous review of these artefacts to iteratively improve the user experience with interactive products.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging design principles and best practices in user interface design, interaction design, information architecture, usability theory, and evaluation techniques.
|Desired skills and experience
- Senior UX Designer (6+years) & UX Designer( 4+years) experience working as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, Information Architect (or closely related field) in the design of websites, web applications, desktop, and/or mobile applications.
- A critical eye for clean visual designs. Practical knowledge of user research methods, including lab-based usability studies, field studies, and usability inspections (heuristic evaluations or cognitive walkthroughs)
- Deep understanding of UI/UX principles and best practices, and the latest trends in design and user experience alongwith knowledge of related disciplines such as information architecture, interaction design and end user research.
- Communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills, including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Expertise in comparing, contrasting, and prioritizing among alternative approaches to meeting design objectives, and using judgment to suggest solutions to design problems that optimize among customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities.
- Analytical ability, especially with regard to observation of user behavior.
Nice-to-have: Design and software prototyping tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, HTML, CSS, Diagramming software such as Visio or Omnigraffle, Axure Rapid Prototyping knowledge.