- Creating complex, enterprise-transforming applications within a dynamic, progressive, technically diverse environment.
- Ensures our solutions address the business needs of the business sponsors / leaders
- Using the latest tools and techniques, thrives in a role that will involve hands-on coding, usually in a pair programming environment
- Contribute to project and team priorities and find innovative ways to meet objectives
- Influence, scope and help estimate project streams/work.
- Keep up to date with the business domain and work closely with business stakeholders
|Desired skills and experience
Experience : 6 – 10 Years
- Commercial delivery experience within complex, enterprise environments using one or more of: Java / J2EE, C# or Scala.
- Test Driven Development and passionate about or experience of Agile methodologies such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum.
- Comfortable with development on Linux, Mac o/s.
- Experience with development on Cloud (Private/Public) and familiar with Cloud Foundry, Amazon EC2, Open Stack.
- Familiar with DevOps practices and hands on with tools like Chef, Docker and Ansible. Developed systems, solutions and processes for Continuous Delivery / Integration (CD-CI), automated build/release pipelines.
- Experience on Cloud Foundry, Amazon EC2, Open Stack etc.
- Awareness about next generation architecture and systems like Micro-services
- Solid understanding of Linux fundamentals and networking concepts (TCP/IP, routing, load balancing, i/o, etc.) and system services (DNS, DHCP, LDAP) etc.
- An interest in learning Scala and keeping up to date with the latest technology trends
- Degree in Computer Science (or related discipline)
- Exposure to both NoSQL & RDBMS (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience with ELK stack, Monitoring with Icinga
- Experience with scaling and performance tuning web applications